Support the Mansion! When Ebenezer Maxwell Mansion opened to the public, it was with the intent that the house should serve as an educational resource for supporters just like you. The support of the general public is critical to helping keep the Mansion open for school tours, theatre programs, and workshops. Through the contributions of generous donors like you, the Mansion is able to thrive and preserve the many facets of Victorian life in 19th century Philadelphia. By providing a tax-deductible gift, you will help preserve Philadelphia’s only authentically restored Victorian house museum and garden.
Through donor support, in the past year the Mansion has seen:
- Damaged exterior masonry work repaired and re-pointed
- Installation of exterior security cameras
- Acquisition of new collection items, including a parlor dome and silver dresser set
- Implementation of special events, including a production of Anne of Green Gables, workshops, community picnic, author events and the Murder Mystery
- Planning for upcoming events including the annual Henry J. Magaziner lecture, Victorian theatre production of Chekov’s Three Sisters, and Victoriana Reimagined, a contemporary art installation.